We are currently seeking a seasoned, self-motivated Project Engineer that is committed with a “can do” attitude to join our team located in downtown Montreal
This position will be responsible for the overall product development process from a design perspective, through to an execution of new product launches. The main functions are to help support the design/development of our products overseas, overseas agency approvals and industry standard testing.
Prior experience working with North American major retailers regarding the new development of products and programs, an asset. An engineering designation and prior experience in designing/manufacturing of electrical appliances an asset. Communicating and negotiating with factories in Asia necessary to maintain and develop supplier relationships in Asia. Prior cost savings experience an asset.
- Responsible for leading new product development projects through Stage Gate Process, from concept to mass production.
- Responsible for coordinating with the Product Manager to develop in depth product specifications, and to outline testing requirements in conjunction with quality, product team, and customers.
- Responsible for coordinating activities with the Sensio/Factory teams to achieve specific deliverables within a PDS (Product Development Schedule).
- Duty to scrutinize all technical data/testing results so that they respect the scope/intent of the overall project and determine overall risks and countermeasures at each stage of the project.
- Responsible of keeping all documentation in order (drawings, test reports, certifications, ECN’s).
- Responsible for driving and delivering year over year material/process savings.
- Stay current with industry and agency standards.
- Develop category expertise through studies and interactions with factories/customers.
- International travel required 3-to-5 times per year.
- Responsible for all the tasks assigned to the project engineer in the RACI document.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency, and strong sense of ownership.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the appliance or consumer goods industry, an asset.
- Understanding of fabrication processes for metal, plastic and electrical parts an asset.
You are an aggressive problem solver, knowledgeable in product development and understand how to prioritize workloads. You handle pressure well and can multi-task and manage product development through to fruition. This is an exciting career opportunity. If you believe you can successfully demonstrate all the above skills, and are ready to accept the challenge and a fabulous opportunity, please send in your CV.
We thank all interested candidates for applying; however, we will only be contacting those individuals we wish to interview.