We are currently looking for a Component Engineer for our Montreal (ville Saint-Laurent) location. As a Component Engineer, the candidate must manage electrical, electronic, electromechanical, and mechanical parts during their complete lifecycle; from research, evaluation, test and creation in the enterprise data base to obsolescence.
To succeed in this role, you must have:
- Experience as a Component Engineer within a similar industry ;
- Advance knowledge in electronics ;
- Leadership to define and maintain standards, preferred components libraries, and best practices.
- Manage EEE and mechanical parts during complete lifecycle; forecast obsolescence and work in conjunction with procurement team, suppliers and subcontractors to identify and resolve end-of-life issues ;
- Generate, organize and maintain preferred components and related libraries ;
- Develop standards, processes, tools and templates to:
- Research, evaluate and test new components
- Prevent single source
- Analyze and assimilate technical specifications and industry standards
- Select, specify and enter in enterprise data base approved components
- Modify existing components in line with enterprise change document (ECD)
- Simplify and ease the search for components within enterprise data base
- Technology lookout for EEE and mechanical parts ;
- Requirements management ;
- Design and safety reviews ;
- Long lead items identification ;
- 3P events ;
- Product costing ;
- Failure analysis including report.
- Support and train design teams in component selection ;
- Prepare and release source control drawings (procurement specifications) ;
- Verify and approve EEE and mechanical components as per documentation, internal standards and industry standards ;
- Define and track Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or the equivalent recognized by the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec
- Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec
- Have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in engineering with 5 years as a component engineer
- Bilingual (English and French) oral and written.
- Specialization in electronics
- Knowledge of electrical, electronic, and electromechanical (EEE) parts
- Knowledge of mechanical parts, materials and finishes
- Knowledge of MS Office tools (Word, Excel, Outlook and Visio)
- Valid driver's license
- Available to travel 10% of the time
- Must be able to travel internationally for business
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively explain complex technical issues
- Proven experience in a formal project development environment
- Proven leadership and accountability
- Knowledge of PADS or other PCB design software
- Knowledge of SolidWorks or other CAD software
- Interfaces and networking protocols (Ethernet, TCP / IP, CanOpen)
- Design in digital or analogue mode (including engine control), an asset
- Training in CMMI procedures
- WHMIS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System) certification
- Experience in transit or rail transportation
- Experience with an equipment manufacturer (OEM)
You think you are the person we are looking for?
Send us your resume at: firstname.lastname@example.org berfore sept 17th 2017.