Building Automation System (BAS) Operator
Building Automation System
BMS: Building Management System
EMS: Energy Management System
PMS: Power management system
- Develop knowledge of Decathlon software, including modifications to existing applications, sequences, thresholds and set points. Specific training will be required.
- Identify changes to existing configurations and sequences of operations
- Evaluate impact on operations during modifications / implementations of existing / new sequence or operations
- Implement modifications, upgrades, fine tuning, … or manage subcontractors implementing these tasks
- Remote Operation of Electrical / Mechanical equipment & Systems and response to Critical Alarms.
- Monitor electrical power distribution system, energy monitor system and building automation system and respond to alarms expeditiously and methodically.
- Document alarms, events, actions and modifications as per the related procedures and log books
- Participate to edit et revise procedures & MOP
- Perform daily investigations and record readings for all major equipment including but not limited to temperatures, pressures, electrical/energy readings, alarms & events, etc.
- Document, inspect, investiguate for irregularities in readings.
- Edit trends, histories, maintain Scoreboards
- Optimize systems operations by fine tuning values of set points (mainly HVAC systems)
- Review and complete daily entries into engineer's log.
- From the BMS control room, participate in preventive/demand maintenance for proper operation and input histories when required.
- Participate in dry runs & practice exercises
- Remotely start-up/shutdown major building equipment as required or directed.
- Monitor, investigate, operate, support maintenance and repair of mechanical/electrical systems & equipment from the BMS Control room, and participate in ensuring all equipment are operated in a safe and efficient manner and in compliance with all applicable government codes and regulations.
- Mitigate risk to operations by reacting to abnormal incidents, managing service support and communicating details to supervisor, stationary engineers and client.
- Be completely familiar with the data center systems, equipment and control schemes.
- Complete any duties as requested by the client’s Standard Operating Procedures in order to minimize risk during operations.
- Use the maintenance management system to administer preventive and demand maintenance tasks.
- Receive and verify alarms & events lists and audit trails and document accordingly
- Maintain a concise control document record of all procedures carried out, inventory of paper forms and control documents providing a concise record of procedures carried out.
- Assist other contractors/trades as required.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
- Data Entry, Configurations, Fine Tuning of set points, Running Reports, and any other duties as assigned to meet Company objectives
- Participation at training sessions of the supplier and become an in-house trainer for the other operators
Hours of Work:
- Day Shift with some overtime.
- Required to carry a mobile device.
- Work requires exposures to more intense situations during alarms, equipment failure and when responding to certain client requests.
- Work requires remote operations of equipment that could cause physical injury or equipment damage if not handled/operated following safety practices/procedures.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Exceptional problem solving, organizational and time management skills are essential.
- Excellent Customer Services skills.
- Previous experience in handling confidential or sensitive information.
- Strong organizational, time management and multitasking skills.
- High level of sound and independent judgment, reasoning, and discretion.
- Knowledge of Decathlon software would be considered an advantage
Please apply online at: https://trr.tbe.taleo.net/trr01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=BJCCANADA&cws=53&rid=3507