ROLE: How you contribute to Tembec
- Manage and optimize the mechanical maintenance group of the high-yield pulp mill in order to maximize production and meet environmental, health and safety, quality, cost and human resources objectives.
- Support and maintain an effective predictive and preventive maintenance program.
COMMITMENTS: What it means to work at Tembec
- Live up to Tembec’s values, principles and guidelines.
- Bring an open and cooperative attitude to your job, contributing to our positive work environment.
- Comply with all health, safety and environmental standards, as well as applicable regulations and laws.
ACCOUNTABILITIES: What Tembec expects you to do
- Promote and provide a safe workplace, seek improvements, support Health & Safety Program.
- Lead a motivated, efficient and engaged team of 16 direct reports and provide career development opportunities.
- Recommend training to the Superintendent-Maintenance for training requests that he considers relevant to him or his employees and participate in coordination programs for the designated team to ensure that team's capabilities are met for future service needs.
- Provide guidance, advice and support to the designated team to meet established standards and performance requirements for the mechanical maintenance of the site.
- Lead, manage and train employees in order to maximize the efficiency of the team.
- Maintain a communication program to keep the team informed regarding mill and department priorities.
- Comply with collective agreement and maintaining a heathy relationship between union/management/employees.
- Report to Superintendent, Maintenance.
- Coordinate works, planned and unplanned, with the day supervisor.
- Evaluate, plan and manage maintenance works under his responsibilities.
- Verify all work completed by his maintenance crew once the work completed. It is the responsibility of the maintenance supervisor to accept the work and transfer the equipment to production.
- Close work orders once work is completed and inspected.
- Assign the workforce in an effective approach and based on skills and abilities.
- Report on status of mechanical works completed during the day.
- Report and explain the variances of planned activities.
- Being responsible of the Mill during on-call according to a pre-established schedule.
- Have a good knowledge of the manufacturing process.
- Recommend changes / maintenance system improvements and standards to the Superintendent, Maintenance.
REQUIREMENTS: What you bring to our workplace
- Education: College degree in Maintenance Mechanics or Mechanical Engineer specialized in maintenance
- Experience: 7 to 10 years in manufacturing business
- Languages: French or English, bilingualism an asset
SETTING & LIFESTYLE: What to expect at the site and in the region
- Tembec’s flagship Temiscaming site has 850 employees in production facilities for specialty cellulose, high-yield pulp, coated bleached board and chemicals, as well as a corporate office.
- Tembec is upgrading the Temiscaming specialty cellulose operation with one of the forest products industry’s largest investments in years, underlining our commitment to the business – and you will be a key contributor to this project.
- The town of Temiscaming has a population of 1,500 and the comprehensive shopping and services of two larger communities, North Bay, Ontario, and Ville Marie, Québec, are less than an hour’s drive away.
- The area appeals to outdoor enthusiasts, offering many recreational activities and facilities.
TEMBEC IN BRIEF
Tembec is a manufacturer of forest products – lumber, pulp, paper and specialty cellulose – and a global leader in sustainable forest management practices. Principal operations are in Canada and France. Tembec has some 3,000 employees and annual sales of approximately $1.5 billion. Tembec is listed on the TSX (TMB).
Only selected applicants will be notified.
TO APPLY: https://tembec.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=apply&jobOrderID=9012161&portalID=22790