Gannett Fleming’s Toronto Office is looking for a Systems Assurance Engineer preferably EIT/PEng/PE with hands on experience in design, construction or operations in the commuter, light or heavy rail domain or related systems assurance experience. Successful candidates will have a track record of pro-actively working on tasks and solving complex technical challenges. Candidates must have strong technical capability in an engineering or Mathematics discipline and excellent communication skills in a complex technical system.
Railroad and/or commuter rail experience with the some of the following tasks is preferred:
- Technical design
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Rolling Stock
- Signaling systems
- Safety, reliability and/or quality control
- Control Systems
- Bachelor Degree in relevant engineering discipline including Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering. Mathematics degrees acceptable.
- Registered Professional Engineer is preferred (P. Eng/PE); registration as an EIT is acceptable for recent graduates.
- 0-5 years post degree/experience, technical and data analysis experience would be an advantage.
- Commuter Rail, heavy rail, metro, urban and subway mass rail transit experience preferred.
- Proven ability to work successfully in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience in a project environment with good customer relationship and stakeholder management skills.
- Understanding and experience in Safety and Reliability Analysis an asset.
- Understanding and experience in Maintenance and operations an asset.
- Understanding and Ability to develop System Safety Plan, System Safety Certification Plan, and RAM Plan